Worldwide Education and Care are currently recruiting for a Business Teacher position to work within one of our secondary schools in Pinner.
- Supporting the Head of Department with raising and maintaining standards at KS4 and KS5.
- Supporting the Head of Department in developing schemes of work and teaching resources including use of ICT.
- Promoting the development of classroom pedagogy and practice in Business.
- Checking, marking and assessing students’ work and to report on progress.
- Collaborating with colleagues and the Head of Department to ensure appropriate use of data to set targets and identify intervention, support and extension needs, in particular raising standards for identified groups in classes (e.g. pupil premium, SEN, gender, ethnicity).
- Contribute to department intervention programme(s).
- Ensuring high standards of homework and classwork.
- Ensuring high standards of behaviour in line with whole school policy.
- Ensuring effective communication with parents, carers and colleagues.
- Co-ordinating the Young Enterprise.
- Willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities in the faculty/department.
- Contribute to the pastoral programme as a Form Tutor.
Other responsibilities include:
- Undertaking any other duty as specified by the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document not mentioned in the above.
- Complying with any reasonable request from a leader/manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description.
MAIN SCALE TEACHER
At the heart of a successful school is the provision of high quality teaching and learning, the effective use of resources, the highest standards of achievement for all students and the promotion of students’ personal development and well-being. A subject teacher plays a key part in this provision by a commitment to the school’s ethos, by working effectively in subject and pastoral teams and by delivering high standards of teaching and learning. In this way, s/he assists the school in reaching its targets and objectives.
To teach students across the full age and ability range present in the school in order to ensure the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being.
The post holder will report to the relevant Head of Faculty/Department and Year Co-ordinator.
WORKING TIME AND CONDITIONS
These will be as specified in the latest School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
- To be committed to and to promote the school’s vision, aims, objectives and values.
- The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- To maintain and contribute to the development of school policies.
Within school and subject policies, to:
– effectively teach National and School Curricula within the school’s Teaching and Learning
– set appropriate homework
– mark work, assess, record, track and report student progress, using available data
– provide a stimulating learning environment
– have due regard for maintaining health and safety and security in the areas s/he uses.
- To be a member of a pastoral team and, if required, a form tutor, carrying out the associated responsibilities.
- To assist with the effective operation of subject and year teams by, individually and with others:
– developing schemes of work, resources, teaching and learning strategies,
– contributing to team review, monitoring and evaluation and the development of working
– participating in working groups, ad hoc projects,
– taking part in other professional development activities,
– attending meetings as necessary.
Other Specific Duties
- To undertake any other duty as specified by the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document not mentioned in the above.
- To comply with any reasonable request from a leader/manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description.
if you believe you would be a great candidate for this role please contact the office on 01753 306177.