Worldwide Education & Care are currently recruiting for the role of Deputy Head of a Virtual School for looked after children. The role is to start as soon as possible on a short term contract and could become long term for the right candidate.
Our Client’s Virtual School is established to support the delivery of successful learning and achievement outcomes and positive educational experiences for all children and young people on roll. The Virtual School roll includes in the first instance CIC / LAC / Care Leavers / SGOs and post adoption.
Description of the job
To support, and deputise for, the Head Teacher of the Virtual School in ensuring the progress and achievement of all c+yp on roll. To support effective processes and systems of the school including support out to school placements as required. To enable effective c+yp placement success through direct support, training and challenge to the social workers, carers and schools involved. To effectively monitor and manage the Pupil Premium Plus and PLAC grant budgets. To line manage Virtual School staff, such as the PLAC Support Officer.
Main Accountabilities of the post
- Be aspirational for the educational attainment, outcomes and experiences for all children and young people (C+YP) in the care of the LA whether placed in or out of borough thus contributing to their positive learning outcomes and destinations.
- To support and deputise for the Virtual School Head Teacher (VSH).
- Ensure that all educational needs are met and supported through effective use of the Pupil Premium Plus budget and other Government grants (such as PLAC).
- Participate and implement effective planning processes through PEP systems.
Additional Corporate Responsibilities
- Professional Development: To ensure the continuous professional development of self, direct reports and all those in the service, through effective performance improvement, coaching, career planning and continuous professional development
- Collaborative Working: To drive cross-Council working for all staff, ensuring effective communication and collaboration across the organisation, to meet needs, opportunities and address challenges as they arise
- Customer Focused: To lead a customer-facing, proactive and responsive organisation, delivering to our residents and those who represent them. This requires leaders and managers to be flexible, adaptable and creative in order to meet the needs of our residents and to lead active engagement with customers and communities
- High Support, High Challenge: To ensure that staff are, and feel, empowered and to bring forward their good ideas, to challenge areas where the Client can improve, and to contribute to the Client’s ongoing success
To be considered for this position, you should have:
- Enhanced DBS on Update service
- QTS status
- Experience working in a virtual school
- Experience working at Deputy Manager level
- Experience working with looked after children.
How to apply
If you are a Deputy Head Teacher who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Send your CV by directly applying to this ad or alternatively visit our website and register your details.