21 Oct Nursery Room Leader, South East London
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for the position of Room Leaders within our client’s beautiful Nursery based in the South East London area. Successful candidates can expect a competitive salary, additional training and have the opportunity to grow and progress in their career.
Purpose of the Role:
- To effectively lead a team of Nursery Practitioners within the Room/Setting to deliver a stimulating and nurturing environment for children
- To work under the person in charge efficiently and carry out tasks set out by them to a high standard.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Looking after children from 3 months old up to 5 years old
- Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Ensuring the health, safety and well being of the children at all times
- Overseeing the smooth running of the Room
- Leading the staff team to deliver high-quality practice within the room
- Planning, observation and keeping records
- Using your knowledge and experience to introduce new ideas and activities
- A Level 3 or above Childcare qualification or equivalent
- A passionate and positive attitude towards working with children
- Solid experience as a Key Worker within an Early Years setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and to be able to use this to plan activities for the children
- To be punctual and well organised
- An enhanced DBS check
- Recent First Aid Certificate
- Safeguarding and Child Protection training
- Previous experience as a Room Leader would be desirable but is not essential
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken, together with other safeguarding checks, including obtaining references from previous employers.
If you feel you have the skills, knowledge and experience we are seeking for this role, please submit your CV today!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com