03 Dec SEN Teacher, Slough
Job Ref: JO0000005450
Start Date: January to July 2020
Worldwide Education is currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher for a School based in the Slough area.
Our client can offer a long-term contract starting in January until July, with the potential of being extended or progress into a permanent position.
As an SEN teacher, you will need to be patient and able to deal with challenging behaviour. You’ll also need good organisational skills. The role involves teaching 8 children with ASD at Key Stage 2 level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Planning and teaching relevant lessons that are consistent with the National Curriculum, ensuring they are adapted to the pupil’s special educational need and providing a high-quality education at all times
- Helping pupils to develop their self-confidence, independence, abilities and attitudes
- Ensuring the needs of the School are met with proficiency and professionalism
- Marking all students work
- Managing the classroom behaviour, following the Safeguarding Policy and the Behavioural Policy set out by the School
- Ensuring you are up to date with the National Curriculum and any other developments that affect your specialist subject
- Liaising with other professionals, such as medical professionals, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists
- QTS or equivalent qualification
- Excellent knowledge of the different Special Educational Needs
- Previous experience teaching KS2 students and SEN students
- Ability to communicate effectively and build positive relationships
- Excellent understanding of The National Curriculum and ability to adapt it to the student’s special needs
- Strong classroom management and behavioural management
- Ability to work on a full-time basis and to commit to a full school term
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken, together with other safeguarding checks, including obtaining references from previous employers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com