Worldwide Education is currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Teacher of Humanities to work on a supply basis across numerous schools in the Windsor area.
Humanities teachers include but are not limited to the subjects of; Geography, History, Religious Education, Ethics and Philosophy.
Purpose of the role:
To provide high-quality teaching, and enable effective learning and achievement, within an environment where students feel challenged, valued and secure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach the subjects, classes and groups as allocated by the Head of Faculty for Humanities and the Leadership Team
- To ensure that high-quality teaching and learning takes place in all allocated classes
- To support and participate in the curriculum development work of the Humanities faculty, including the writing of schemes of work and development of resources.
- To assist the Head of Faculty for Humanities in the maintenance of high standards of work and behaviour
- To be a House Tutor or 6th Form Tutor and to carry out the specified duties in accordance with the job description of a House or 6th Form Tutor
- To support the Leadership Team in the effective operation of the school
- QTS or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of teaching in the UK
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members and build positive relationships
- Excellent understanding of The National Curriculum and the current developments in the teaching of Philosophy and Ethics
- Strong classroom management and behavioural management
- Additional CPD training
- Good ICT skills
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken, together with other safeguarding checks, including obtaining references from previous employers.
If you feel you have the knowledge, skills and experience we are looking for then please submit your CV to us today on email@example.com or click apply today!