Worldwide Education is now recruiting for the position of Nursery Deputy Manager on behalf of a lovely nursery based in Surbiton (KT5).
Our Client is an independent day nursery caring for children aged 3 months to 5 years. They are a large nursery that believes in ensuring the children have a great day, are well cared for and develop positive relations with all.
Our client is looking for two new Deputy Managers to take on the learning and development side of the nursery. These are new deputy manager roles so candidates would have a real opportunity to put their own stamp on them, as they have grown in size and looking to take the nursery to the next level.
We are looking for candidates who are qualified at degree level/teacher, preferably based in Surrey, with a passion to enhance the lives of young children and inspire the nursery team to be strong, passionate practitioners.
Successful candidates will be part of a well-established team in a large nursery, therefore the deputy manager role entails the need to be flexible and adaptable. You will need to be able to work with a variety of personalities, and lead them to take their own personal learning and growth to the next level.
As the deputy manager you will not be based in numbers.
As a deputy manager, you will have the opportunity to be in charge of your own teams and this is a real chance to step into nursery management.
Some of the duties for the deputy managers include:
– ensuring the team are well supported
– ensuring planning is completed in advance by key persons
– ensuring observations are meaningful and the child’s voice is heard
– ensuring Assessments are completed
– approving Observations
– meeting the needs of the staff team
– dealing with daily current parent queries
– dealing with sickness and ensuring ratios are met
– mentor for new team members that are in training
– ensuring rooms are appealing and welcoming for the children
– inspiring the team to create open-ended learning opportunities
– being the first point of call to parents
– being able to feedback to staff in a positive and constructive way
– socials for children and parents
You will be a qualified teacher with QTS or early years teacher, level 5 or above, EYPS, EYTS or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 years in a nursery or school environment
– Outstanding knowledge of EYFS, Safeguarding, Prevent, FGM, equal opportunities.
– SEND knowledge.
– Working requirements
You will need to be available to work 42 hours a week. This role is for 5 days a week and holidays will need to be taken during mainly term time period, with up to one week flexibility in school holidays, (no holidays in May half term and August school holiday period available).
– You will receive 21 days holiday entitlement a year, plus your birthday off after one year of service.
– Bank holidays and Christmas closure are NOT deducted from your allowance.
– Yearly pay reviews
All Roles are subject to clear enhanced DBS and excellent references, and completion of probationary periods.
If you are a qualified Early Years Teacher who’s interested in a Nursery Deputy Manager position, please apply to the advert today with your most up-to-date CV.